Homeowners insurance is one of the biggest decisions you will make regarding your home.
Because of that, Leech & Hicks is here to help ensure that you not only have the best policy to protect your home, but that you understand the coverage you will receive.
Nobody wants to imagine something bad happening to themselves or loved ones. Sadly, we’ve seen too many homeowners lose their house and possessions to fires, storms, or other unfortunate disasters… only to realize that the policy on their home didn’t cover all of their assets. Don’t let this happen to you.
Let us explain and provide you with all of your coverage options… and THEN make your decision regarding which policy is best for you.
Standard Virginia Homeowners Insurance Coverage
In addition to the structure of your home, a standard Virginia home insurance policy protects many more aspects of your home life. It even provides for times when you’re forced to live somewhere else. The five coverage types usually included in a standard policy are:
- Dwelling: Dwelling coverage is what you typically picture when envisioning homeowners insurance. It provides protection for the structure of your home and anything attached to it from perils such as wind, hail, and fire.
- Other Structures: Any additional structures on your property detached from your home receive protection from the specified perils from this portion of your policy.
- Personal Property: Your home’s contents receive coverage up to your policy limits.
- Loss of Use: If a covered event forces you to move out while your home undergoes repair, your policy can help you pay restaurant and hotel bills.
- Personal Liability and Medical Payments: If someone sustains an injury on your property, you can receive help paying legal costs and the final judgment if they take you to court (Personal Liability) or paying medical bills if they do not (Medical Payments).