SR-22? Don’t let it scare or confuse you…
Leech & Hicks has helped thousands of customers throughout Virginia with SR-22 Insurance. Our mission is to help you understand what it is you need to carry, while offering you a price you can afford.
We file SR-22’s instantly, shopping over 20 companies to make sure you get the very best possible rate and policy. You will not have to wait—let us help you now.
SR-22 is a document that verifies that someone has automobile insurance. The SR-22 is prepared by an insurance company and then filed (by the insurance company) with the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). The SR-22 is not an insurance policy. It is evidence that you have a policy.
SR-22 certification is required for the following convictions:
- Unsatisfied judgments
- Uninsured motor vehicle suspension
- Failure to provide proof of insurance associated with insurance monitoring
- Falsifying insurance certification
- Driver license suspension as a result of a conviction for:
- Voluntary or involuntary manslaughter resulting from the operation of a motor vehicle
- Perjury, making a false affidavit to DMV regarding the registration of motor vehicles, or making a false statement on any driver’s license application
- Any crime punishable as a felony under the motor vehicle law or any felony in the commission of which a motor vehicle is used
- Failure of a driver of a motor vehicle, involved in an accident resulting in death or injury to another person, to stop and disclose his identity at the scene of the accident
- Operating or permitting the operation, for a second time, of a passenger automobile for transportation of passengers for rent or for hire, without a license
SR-22 liability insurance coverage limits are:
- Bodily injury/death of one person $25,000
- Bodily injury/death of two or more persons $50,000
- Property damage $20,000